Our combination of health and wellness expertise, incorporated into Discovery’s sophisticated data and analysis capability, risk management and best of breed products uniquely positions us to deliver Corporate Wellness to our employer groups. The result is a comprehensive platform of benefits and tools like voluntary counselling and testing days, to improve and monitor the health of your employees.
Our unique & highly specialised Wellness infrastructures & initiatives, which incorporates multiple wellness partners, is unique to the South African landscape and incorporate unique state of the art individual & corporate Wellness assessing tools, technology & mobility.
OUR Wellness Days are tailor-made to be as effective and informative as possible. We provide assistance to employees of Corporate Companies, at No charge to the company or the employees.
Our objective is to offer guidance to team members with respect to Financial Fitness & Wellness and to create awareness as to the enormous benefits of being a Discovery / Vitality member.
Most existing Vitality / Discovery Health and Life members are not aware of a fraction of the constantly evolving benefits & enhancements to Vitality and at the same time are not sure of how to take the journeyto Gold / Platinum Vitality Status. This in turn means that they are not enjoying all the available discounts,benefits and additional services that Discovery, its Service Providers and Partners have to offer.
We are always there to help, if there is anything else generally that employees would like to know more about or may require any assistance with, you are most welcome to provide details accordingly and we will assist as far as possible.
What is a Wellness Day?
To help you optimise your employees’ wellness, we have designed a state-of-the-art, fresh and fun approach to a Wellness Day:
- The day involves a journey where employees complete a health assessment.
- They get to learn more about healthy lifestyle choices, such as being physically active, managing stress, healthy eating and quitting smoking with interactive tools.
- Screening tests are done by healthcare professionals on the day and include glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, waist circumference and body mass index. The results of these tests will help identify the health risks your employees face.
- We believe that individuals must be empowered to take control of their health and therefore each participating employee will receive a report on their lifestyle habits and health risks, including guidelines on areas that need attention.
- To show the economic benefit of lifestyle interventions to your company, we will give you feedback on your company’s profile after the Wellness Day and suggest intervention strategies that will address high-risk areas in your company.