Ever thought about the likelihood of suffering from a
You should, because it can easily happen to you.
In South Africa, medical statistics show that 1 in 3 men and 1 in 4 women will suffer a cardio-vascular disease (e.g. a stroke or heart attack) before the age of 60.
Thankfully, doctors will tell you that survival rates are good.
However, did you know that;
• Most heart attack patients admitted to hospital survive;
• 70% of people who suffer a stroke survive.
• Many cancer patients are alive five years after diagnosis; with many dying of old age.
• 25% of people who suffer heart attacks had no symptoms previously?
• In South Africa, there is one heart attack every 8 minutes?
• 1 in 6 South African men and 1 in 7 South African women will get cancer during their lives?
These are the latest South African dread disease statistics:
Each and every one of us has a chance of experiencing a life-changing illness - it knows no boundaries of creed, gender, race or age. Almost one-third of stroke patients are between the ages of 15 and 49.
Medical care can save you, but it can't save your wallet! You could live for many years, but have severe financial pressures living with the effect of a life-changing event.
If you or a family member suffered a severe illness, could you handle the extra expense of recovery?
Almost everyone knows someone who has suffered a dread disease. You may be motivated by first-hand observation of a relative or friend being the victim of a severe illness and surviving, only to move into a new world of residual physical impairments and the aftermath of an on-going medical bankruptcy.
In short, you realise that to a dread disease survivor, a R100,000 cheque would be a lot better than a get-well card!
011 083 5005
Feel free to